Polyphor Fragment Library
Design: The Polyphor Fragment Library (PFL) is derived from the scaffolds of the Polyphor Library and is thus structurally closely linked to the Polyphor Library (PL).
The structural link between the fragments, scaffolds and the Polyphor Library final compounds offers the following advantages:
- A fragment hit identified with Biacore® can be immediately followed-up with a number of pre-existing structurally related but more elaborated PL compounds resulting in a rapid analysis of structural elements that increase or decrease binding.
- Identification of fragment hit families and related PL compounds provide valuable SAR information even in the absence of target or complex structure.
- Since initially no synthesis development is required, the expansion of the fragment to a high affinity binder can occur efficiently.
- Solubility of Polyphor Fragments is experimentally confirmed (1% DMSO/PBS): All Fragments >100μM; 80% Fragments have a solubility > 500μM.
- The Polyphor Fragment Library comprises currently about 1’000 fragments.